1. Information We Collect
When you set up an account to use the MAPs, we collect your email address only.
2. Confidentiality and Security
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information you submit to us. We use strict internal procedures and technical security features to try to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of your personal information. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected].
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to MAP; any transmission is at your own risk.
3. Where We Store Your Personal Information
4. Protecting Your Password
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of MAPs, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and suggest that you change your password frequently. If you have enabled your device to access MAPs without entering a password, you are also responsible for ensuring your personal information is protected by not allowing others to use your device without your permission.
5. Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with promotional communications, such as email, to the extent that you have provided consent to receive such communications under applicable law.
- To allow you to save your work and download resources of MAP, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to MAPs.
- To understand your broad, non-specific geographic location to help us identify groups of users by general geographic market (such as postal code, province or country).
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We do not generally disclose your personal information. We do not provide your personal information to any third party without your specific consent, except as permitted by law. For example, we may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- If Anxiety Canada Association service providers (like hosting or market analytics) require this information to provide services to Anxiety Canada. Anxiety Canada requires each of its service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information to our standards.
- If Anxiety Canada Association or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our users may be transferred.
- If we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, similar legal process, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MAPs, our customers, or others.
7. Contact us with Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about your personal information or privacy, you can contact us at [email protected].